Hi all. Firstly, let me share something that will (hopefully) brighten up your day. When I was working in the music industry many years ago, I worked with a band called Gotan Project. They are a group of French musicians making ‘neo-tango’ music. I had all but forgotten about them, but the other day I had an urge to revisit one of their albums on YouTube. I discovered that they’ve continued to release a lot of music, and it is fantastic.
Take a listen to this track and let me know if you love it as much as I do! Just be aware that the track fades in with the sound of a train, just be a little patient, the music is coming!
Anyway, on to the subject of today’s post…
The blog tour kicks off next week and I’ll be posting every day Monday to Friday, sharing details of the reviews and interviews that are being published.
To whet your appetite for the release, I thought I’d share the chapter listing for the book today.
THE NATURE OF GOD
1. How Do I Know God Exists?
2. The Cosmic Animator
3. What Are God’s Attributes?
4. God in Inanimate Objects
5. Determinism and the Nature of God
6. Does God Have Foreknowledge?
7. The Creativity of God
8. The Aseity of God
THE HUMAN MIND AND GOD
10. God’s Control of Mental States
11. Modes of Mind
12. What is Causing Our Thoughts?
13. The Experience of Understanding
14. Hearing Voices or Hearing God?
CHRISTIANITY AND GOD
15. God’s Grand Game
16. Is Jesus the Only Way?
17. The Myth of the Fall
18. The Confusion of Calvinism
19. Molinism Refuted
20. Jesus the Creator?
21. The Authority of Scripture
22. What Prayer Reveals About God
23. Materialism and Free Will
24. The Bible and Free Will
26. Open Theism
27. Divine Conservation and Occasionalism
28. Divine Omnipotence and Free Will
MORALITY AND GOD
29. Dimensions of Reality
30. Do Good and Evil Exist Objectively?
31. The Agony of God
32. Bringing Good out of Evil
33. Do We All Deserve Hell?
SCIENCE AND GOD
34. Why I Believe in God and Also Love Science
35. Cause and Effect
36. Reflections on Time
37. What is Truth?
38. Creation and Evolution
MY PHILOSOPHY AND THE WORLD RELIGIONS
40. The Abrahamic Religions
41. There Is No Enlightenment
44. Interfaith Dialogue
THE CHURCH OF THE FUTURE
45. The Church of the Future
Many of you will recognise some of the themes of the book from blog posts I’ve published here on Perfect Chaos in recent years. Some of my blog content has been developed and expanded upon in God’s Grand Game, but there is also a great deal of original content.
I’m hugely excited to be releasing this book, which represents the culmination of 10 years’ study and reflection on the divine sovereignty versus human free will problem.
Will you be giving it a read? Let me know in the comments!
Have a great weekend and I’ll see you next week!