Today, a bit of fun. Many of you don’t know much about me, so inspired by a fellow blogger who wrote a similar post today, I thought I’d share 10 bite-sized insights into who I am.
1) I’m a proud Brit 🇬🇧 although I have Dutch heritage 🇾🇪 which makes me feel quite European. My Father is English, and my mother, who passed away in 2003, was Dutch.
2) I have lived in the UK my entire life. I was born in Cambridge, grew up in Abingdon in Oxfordshire, and moved to London to go to university. I have stayed in London since then, though I have moved house many times. 🏠
3) In 2007 after a lengthy period of turmoil in my life, I had a breakdown and ended up in psychiatric hospital. During my time in hospital I read the Bible properly for the first time. 📖
4) I have spent time attending Anglican, Baptist, Catholic, and Evangelical churches, which has been a real blessing and opened my mind to the diversity that exists within Christianity. ✝
5) I am single, and I live in a flat on my own, which is wonderful, despite my evil neighbours. 🙃
6) I have a degree in Commercial Music, and have worked several jobs in the music industry promoting some very well-known bands. I also have a postgraduate qualification in Philosophy and Religion. 🎓
7) I used to play guitar in a heavy metal band named ‘Marconi’s Voodoo’. We went into the studio a few times and recorded some EPs though never an album. I still make music and have a modest home studio where I record. 🎵
8) I have worked for a few different charities and NGOs, including one job where I was a street fundraiser for Greenpeace, which involved trying to persuade members of the public to set up monthly direct debits to support clean energy production. 🌏
9) I have written several books, which expound my belief that there is a God who is in control of everything that happens in existence. 📚
10) My favourite food right now is caramelised onion hummus, and I’m about to have some (with a tasty ciabatta) for lunch. Yum! 🌮
Thank you for reading! On this blog I post mainly about philosophy, theology, and music. Want to receive an email whenever I publish a new post? Subscribe below!